Login   Register

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Post subject: Like I need another hole in my head......
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:00 am 
Site Member

I picked up a 1967 wagon last weekend and found it to be complete except for the grille inserts. It has a B20 with SU's and the BW35. It is fairly straight, some body work has been done yet there is little rust. Someone had left the windows open and the floor pans were FILLED with water so they can't be completely rusted out. This makes my fourth Amazon so I'm not sure if I am going to keep it. I'm torn between "there are a lot of good parts that I may need," but "I'd rather see this go to a good home if someone promises they will put it back on the road." My only reason for keeping it is to provide parts for my other wagon. Any thoughts, offers or ideas? This is a true retired hippie's car. Both the front and rear bumper had "NUCK FEWT" bumper stickers on it from the last time he was in the spotlight.

Attachments:
Erika 120330 s_01.JPG
Erika 120330 s_01.JPG [ 34.21 KiB | Viewed 2970 times ]
Erika 120330 s_02.JPG
Erika 120330 s_02.JPG [ 60.7 KiB | Viewed 2970 times ]

Post subject: Re: Like I need another hole in my head......
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:14 am 
OVT Moderator

How much?

I have this 67 sedan that I'd rather swap the motor into a wagon...

Post subject: Re: Like I need another hole in my head......
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:23 pm 
Site Member

Good news! I've discovered that I've reached my limit on old Volvos....at least for a while. I was chasing down a lead on Craig's List for a vacuum distributor for a Volvo and when I went to pick it up, found that the owner has a PV544 for sale. I don't recall the year and I don't know the entire history on the car, but it looks to be in pretty good shape. I have sent him a link to the OVT page and encouraged him to post the car for sale here. If you're interested, keep your eyes open on the forums or give me a call or a message and I can put you in contact with the owner.

P.S. I had a nice drive in Erik the Red. First drive of the season and I'm ready to do more work on him. My friend Kathleen asked when I was going to build an old Volvo for her. Now, that was a surprise!

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:24 pm