Login   Register

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 am

Post subject: Some changes since the last time I posted...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:09 am 
Site Member

Firstly, thought the site had gone completely dead earlier this year.

Anyway, making slow, but steady progress on the B23FT swap on the 245. After I get the seal I need for the dipstick tube, I'll be reinstalling the manifolds, turbo, etc, so it can get installed in the car. Did finally get it moved back into the garage earlier this spring. Should've done that in the fall, since the interior of the car was kinda open to the elements, thanks to the M46 not being installed.

The '92 is still trucking along. Finally got the overdrive solenoid replaced in June. Nice not to be winding out at 3500-4000 rpm in the 70-80 mph range. Still looking for black cargo panels and carpeting (guess the person who cleaned up our garage last summer chucked the carpeting I got from Greg earlier that year), as well as some other miscellaneous items.

The change is the added vehicle in my signature. Those of you on FB and TB have already seen the pic of it. Another black '82 242 Turbo. Got this one in trade for some labor that I'm doing for a friend's mother this month. It's not as nice as either Luke's or my old black 242Ti's, but, a good start. Runs very well now that it has fresh gas and a good working fuel pump relay. Drives decently, but needs brake work. Haven't had the brake fluid boiling issue that I did with the blue 245Ti in 2011, but It's pretty stinky, especially the left front caliper. Interior's well-worn, but seats are surprisingly comfortable, even though they look like a bored pitbull got ahold of them. Another B21FT/M46 car. Transmission may've been swapped out, since it seems to have the closer 1st-2nd ratio gap of the non-turbo '79-'82 box. I'll be able to compare once the blue wagon runs and drives again. It also doesn't have the usual 3rd gear crunch that the turbo and later model M46 transmissions seem to have.

-J

https://www.facebook.com/Blue245Ti
http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 am