Login   Register

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:12 am

Post subject: Having my Interior redone
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:02 am 
Site Member

So I'm having the Interior of my 245 redone, maybe this month maybe next or over the winter, depends on when we get all the materials sorted out and I decide to turn the car over. However by next summer it will most definitely have a new interior.

Today we were looking at the panels and figuring a few things out.

He is also going to redo the carpet, really it is all new besides the dash and various trim pieces (the ones im not having vinyl wrapped will be painted using professional plastics paint/dye)

Here is what we were thinking, I'm keeping the car the same dark green. I'm moving away from the butter cream/tan interior. Black Carpets, Black wrapped door panels. the entire back is being redone in black as well.

For my top stitching we were thinking about going the same color green as the car. Essentially everything is being switched to black with Green top stitching and tan accents.

The cost of the job will be less then $300 including materials, guy does all the work out of his house and after seeing his work is VERY good, and also a very good friend of mine.

I was just wanting thoughts on my planned interior. The dash will likely get swapped with either a full black dash or a black and tan.

Car is a 1981 245 DL Dark Green- Can be seen in the perf/maint thred.

Post subject: Re: Having my Interior redone
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:03 am 

Thats sounds really good. Where is this guy? My 142 could use a little help in the future.

NChoy wrote:
Now stop all your bitching and complaining and build a real car

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:08 pm 
Site Member

He's just outside Tacoma.

If you send me a pic of the interior and what you want done I can get a quote.

Not sure what your cost would be, like said mine is only cost of materials. Technically I'm giving him an additional $150 but we have a situation worked out. So cash wise I'm only out around $120-150 for all the materials (if that)

He can do headliners as well. Probably not going to get mine done will see, mine is white but it would be nice to have that black and green stiched also.

But yea i can totally get you a quote and when I get some cash together I'm getting the mats.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:41 pm 

Could you ask how much it would be for carpet and how much extra for floor mats? It'll be for the 142, but they're about the same size/shape as a 240.

I'm not crazy about the construction of the 140 carpet. The front is in 2 pieces, the seams are glued down, and the sound insulation is glued to the bottom of the carpet. I might also go for a white suede headliner(if I ever get to that point).

NChoy wrote:
Now stop all your bitching and complaining and build a real car

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:12 am